Sun, smoke, stress, they all impact our skin, especially our face. One of the questions we get asked most often is how to support skin that’s been damaged by the sun and environmental factors and how to establish a good routine. Prevention is always better than cure but when considering the best moisturiser for ageing skin you’ll want to ensure you choose a skincare product that contains the very best ingredients.
One of the key factors in selecting a moisturiser is to avoid exposing your skin to toxic chemicals and preservatives that are in some products. There are many advancements in science that have taken natural ingredients to a whole new level and have proven their effectiveness at healing, firming and trapping moisture onto skin. Our all natural Lavender Moisturiser contains a whole host of powerful ingredients to support ageing and to help smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
We’ve incorporated some wonderful natural ingredients into our Lavender Moisturiser. Here’s a list of the most powerful natural ingredients that support ageing skin:
1. Macadamia nut oil – A fantastic regenerative oil that is high in mono-unsaturated fatty acids, contains palmitoleic acid (promotes young soft skin), as well as omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. It helps heal scars and sunburn and protects against cellular breakdown in later years. It supports cellular membranes, nourishes, provides a lipid barrier to retain moisture and regenerate the skin layers.
2. Rosehip oil – One of the best oils for optimising healthy regeneration of skin cells, and softening and smoothing scar tissue. It is invaluable for protecting and nourishing skin of all ages. It increases elastin content, promotes collagen formation and helps to delay age-related breakdown of skin and underlying tissues, nourishes the cells and shields against oxidation, helps in cell regeneration.
3. Pomegranate seed oil – This rare oil softens and rejuvenates by promoting healthy new cell growth, making it excellent for nourishing dry, and mature skin types. Rich in nutrients and antioxidants, pomegranate seed oil is both moisturising and protective for the skin and has anti-aging properties.
4. Hyaluronic acid – A cruelty-free alternative using enzymes from a bacteria-based bio fermentation process. Ideal for anti-wrinkle and skin rejuvenation formulas, it is the most efficient humectant, attracting 600-1000 times its own weight in water, plumping up skin, giving it volume, and playing an important role in tissue hydration, lubrication and cellular function. Its hydrating properties result in increased skin smoothness, softening, and a decrease in the appearance of wrinkles.
5. Liftonin – A natural active ingredient complex that’s easily absorbed and combats skin-aging and increased production of structural proteins. Liftonin contains tannins from oak, which have an astringent and tautening effect. These natural agents neutralise harmful metal ions and protect the skin with their anti-oxidative properties. Studies show reduced lines and wrinkles and younger skin appearance.
6. Co-enzyme 10 – A powerhouse anti-ageing formula that is skin regenerating, anti-wrinkle, and energising. Co-enzyme Q10 and Vitamin E together form a defence against oxidative attack. Skin regeneration is strongly supported by Co-enzyme Q10 which also reduces the depth of wrinkles.
7. Vitamin E – A powerful antioxidant and one of the major skin vitamins and helps heal, regenerate and nourish skin. It protects tissues from free-radical damage. It is an excellent anti-aging addition to skincare products.
8. Lavender Essential oil – the number one choice for minor burns and skin problems. Lavender is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal. It has wound-healing properties and can be used for a range of skin conditions. It works very well with rosehip for mature skincare.
9. Lavender hydrosol – A skin-soothing hydrosol which is an excellent facial toner for sensitive skins.
10. Frankincense essential oil – helps to tighten and firm the skin, and also reduces the appearance of scars and age spots
It’s never too early or too late to start protecting and replenishing your skin to reduce the effects of ageing. So whatever your age, instill a regular routine that includes hydration, sun protection and of course, natural and chemical-free products to gently cleanse, promote healing and add moisture.